vendredi 1 juillet 2016

Traveling student : Jūrmala

I have good news!! I am finally graduated! 6 years of higher education are over! That is the best period of my life and I will enjoy each day after this awesome graduation day!

Time to go back to (travel) business ^^ By going to the beach in Latvia, I meant one of the beautiful beaches of the Baltic countries, Jūrmala!

Jūrmala is a resort town, sandwiched between the Gulf of Riga and the Lielupe River. Jūrmala's beach is 33 km (21 mi) long, covered with white quartz sand. The weather was at times sunny, at times cloudy, but it did not remove its beauty.

Jūrmala is at almost 40 minutes by train, and this transportation is cheap in Latvia.

Riga skyline, view from the train

 Jūrmala Culture Centre

 Cubic flats (they attracted my sight ^^)

 Jūrmala Beach 

 As a travelling friend of mine said : "Wherever you travel, always, always take a selfie". That's what I did ^^

 Jūrmala beach overview (I dreamt about swimming until I reach Estonia coasts, but the sea was too cold ^^)
 Jūrmala traditional house

 Jūrmala train station 

When I was on my way to Jūrmala, a young boy stared at me. Not the destabilizing one, but the pensive one. After I overtook the city of Bilderlingshof, he sat next to me and started to talk to me, with a pretty good English and its Latvian accent. He asked me a series of questions about my stay and my origins, was pleasantly surprised by my presence in Latvia for holidays. His open-minded spirit affected me, an exemplary curiosity. I almost forget that when I got off the train once I arrived in Jūrmala, I stared at the platform and we both waved our hand, as a heart-rending goodbye. I really hope that boy will travel as I do!

Some of you will certainly ask yourself : who gave me the selfie advice? Well, let me introduce her! 

Her name? Anggia Angela. A unique "travelling leather girl", she is one of a kind, a pioneer ;)
You can check her travelling stories through these links :

You won't be disappointed, promised ;)

Currently, I am thinking about a destination for holidays, let me know if you have some suggestions!

Disclaimer: all of these photos are mine.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire